Plan, prepare and apply
We recommend that you take your time planning your application. Follow the application checklist and ensure you have provided all information required. Please prepare your essay responses in advance of submitting your application. The application form allows you to save progress made on your application. When you are ready to apply , click the “Apply Now” link. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete your application.
||Your updated CV
||Number of employees in your organization
|Number of employees under your direct supervision
|Annual operating budget of your organization
||At your current position, what are your specific duties and responsibilities? Please describe your organization in terms of functions or services provided. If you are an elected official, please describe your committee assignments or size of jurisdiction.
- Demonstrates professional competence
- Demonstrates a position of leadership or leadership potential
- Demonstrates experience with influencing stakeholders and affecting change in complex organizations
|Please describe the most significant leadership challenges of your work and how participation in this program will help you to address these challenges.
- Demonstrates experience with adaptive leadership challenges
- Demonstrates passion for strong and effective leadership
- Demonstrates understanding of the distinction between leadership and authority
|Describe areas where you would like to strengthen your communication expertise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrates self-awareness through reflection on strengths and weaknesses in approaches to communication
- Demonstrates passion for strong and effective communication
- Demonstrates thoughtful and introspective analysis with respect to past communication challenges
- Demonstrates understanding of the link between effective leadership and effective communication
|Please describe your immediate and long-term career goals. How will attending this program help to achieve them?
- Demonstrates self-awareness through reflection on strengths and weaknesses
- Demonstrates leadership aspirations
- Demonstrates high levels of ambition and motivation
- Demonstrates linkage between content/objectives of this program and long term career goals
|Please describe the professional development areas you would be interested in pursuing in the future.
Submit your application
When your application is complete, click on the “Submit” button at the bottom of the application form.
After submitting your application, you will receive an email confirmation that your application has been submitted. Please contact us if you do not receive a confirmation email.
Programs often fill to capacity, so early application is recommended, however, early application does not guarantee admission.
Notification of Acceptance
Admission to this program is based on your experience and range of responsibility. There is no formal educational requirement, but fluency in written and spoken English is a necessity for the program.
Qualified candidates are admitted on a rolling, space-available basis, and the program often fills to capacity.
Once the review process has begun, applicants are typically notified within three weeks via email regarding Admissions Committee decisions.
Once you have received notification of acceptance, you must ensure that full payment is received to guarantee admittance.
Payment is accepted in KES or USD. We accept these forms of payment:
- Direct transfer to AKU bank account
- Credit/debit card payment (at the AKU GSMC premises)
- M-PESA payment
Unfortunately we cannot accept cash payments.