The Digital Age of television news puts a premium on powerful writing that connects with the audience.
Viewers are thirsty for stories that illuminate complex issues, draw attention to hidden injustices, and spotlight the extraordinary lives of ordinary people.
In this two-day course, you will learn how to craft stories about people from all walks of life – from public figures such as politicians and professional athletes to everyday people whose life and work are worth chronicling for viewers.
Tira Shubart is an award winning BBC Producer and a veteran trainer with more than 15 years experience in Africa working with clients such as Al Jazeera and Frontline News.
She is known for her knowledge; her breadth of experience; her conversational, no-nonsense style; and her sense of humor.
- The ability to capture stories that are relevant to your audience
- How to write conversationally and to video
- The use of natural sound and audio to enhance stories
- Putting together strong opening and closing sequences
- Using your voice to keep viewers watching and listening
- How to use numbers and statistics in your storytelling
- Active scripting and production for TV
- Field reporting assignment
- Access to state of the art camera kits, audio, and editing gear
- Learning by seeing, by hearing, and by doing
This course is for any television journalist who wants to stand out by telling great stories.
It’s for upcoming journalists, veterans, freelancers and other professionals who tell visual stories for a living.