Learn to write across platforms with use of photos, info-graphics and videos.
Join Stephen Buckley in this two day course and learn how to tell your story in print, traditional websites, via social media and on mobile.
The course emphasises hands-on training while teaching skills you need, and the execution of these skills in a variety of situations – breaking news, specialised reporting, and major projects.
We will even follow up with participants a few months later to see how they are putting their newfound knowledge into action.
Stephen Buckley has over 25 years experience in the media. He is the former Washington Post Africa Bureau Chief and Managing Editor of the St. Petersburg Times in Florida, US.
- How to use a variety of multimedia skills in real time
- The art of making quality videos and photos that you can publish
- Telling stories with data and writing for the Web
- Writing and publishing for social media including the use of social media as a reporting tool
- How to use blogging in building an audience
- How to make compelling audio
- Skills for engaging audiences on mobile
- This is a highly interactive hands-on course with numerous high-impact multimedia journalism case studies
- An opportunity to put your newly learnt skills into action
This course is for journalists who do it all, whether you’re a free lancer, a veteran mainstream journalist, or a young reporter.
It’s for anyone dealing with the complexities of producing multimedia journalism on a daily basis.