In a hypercompetitive, ever-evolving world of television news, good journalists recognise that they must keep growing. They want to constantly broaden their vision, deepen their knowledge, and sharpen their skills..
Join Tira Shubart, an award-winning BBC producer and veteran trainer with more than 15 years experience in Africa. This course will refine your research skills, help you develop compelling story ideas and ultimately enable you to tell smarter and more sophisticated stories.
Tira notably developed the BBC’s training program, and worked with Al Jazeera and Frontline Television News. She is known for her knowledge; breadth of experience; her conversational no-nonsense style; and sense of humor.
The course will catapult you above your competitors. Your thinking and first-rate execution will drive you towards consistent excellent performance.
- The production of memorable breaking news stories under stressful circumstances
- Digital digging – using the Internet as a reporting tool for useful and surprising facts and context
- To improve your voice and personal style on camera
- How to pitch stories that your editor can’t resist
- The effective use of graphics and statistics
- The art of making sound ethical decisions
- To stay safe in a hostile reporting environment
- Participants will do exercises, case studies, and lots of hands-on work
- To produce sample stories, participate in a mock news conference, and conduct interviews
- You will have access to state of the art camera kits, audio gear, and editing gear
- You will learn by seeing, by hearing, and by doing
Television journalists with two to three years experience and ready to build on their skills
The course is also open to journalists working in mainstream media, freelance journalists and experienced professionals seeking a career change.